Saturday, July 2, 2011

If I transfer colleges in the middle of the year can I still be on my parents' health insurance?

I want to transfer from a university to a community college this coming up spring semester. My brother says I can't do that because even though I will still be in college, it will be a different college which means I'll no longer be on my parents' insurance and I don't have a job to pay for my own. It seems to me that it doesn't matter what college I go to, as long as I go to one as a full-time student I should still be on their insurance, right?
--------------------
as long as you are in school for any 5 months during the calendar year, you can stay on their insurance - changing schools affects nothing - what does your brother know?
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment