Wednesday, April 27, 2011

When you join the Army, do they talk to your current health insurance company about bills and stuff?

I got hurt when I was 13 but it doesn't have anything to do with me now I'm 100% healthy. My parents are still making payments on the bills but I'm wondering if they will know about this? Will they talk to the insurance company I'm currently insured under at all?
--------------------
Let's be honest, if the military spent time investigating peoples medical history it would be one never ending episode of CSI. The Privacy Act ensures your medical records aren't for the public eyes. The Army does run a credit check to make sure you don't suffer from indebtedness. If your name pops up on a credit check and the bills are from a medical institution it would be a dead give away that you aren't 100% healthy and honest. Don't lie to the recruiters, seriously. The military has it's own health care system called TRICARE. They are an independent agency that deals with active duty soldiers, dependents, retirees etc. They have no business talking with your current health care insurer. ps Just because you think you are healthy doesn't mean you are fit 2 fight. Good luck
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment