Sunday, March 20, 2011

What does it mean when health insurance company say they are "deferring" a decision?

I'm in the process of applying for individual coverage, and is in the process of changing insurance company due to the possible fee hike of Anthem Blue Cross. now Blue Shield sent me a letter saying that they are "deferring" a decision because of "insufficient medical records". Does this mean a denial of coverage? Should I wait for them to make that decision? or should I just go and find another insurance company instead? How will this hurt my chance of getting coverage again? By the way, I'm a young and very healthy individual. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
--------------------
If they are stating they are "deferring" the decision because of "insufficient medical records" then they are needing more information for them to make a determination. My suggestion is that if you are working with an agent, I would contact your agent. If you are not working with the agent, then I would call the company and find out what they are needing from you for them to make their decision. They have not denied you coverage. They may have already requested the information they needed and was meerly letting you know they are waiting or "deferring" to make their decision until which time they are able to review the information they need.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment