Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What to do about health insurance?

My company required me to pay a $230 a week premium for family health insurance.I applied for medicare and was accepted because i fell under their income guidelines so i dropped my health plan at work.Now the state has informed me i'm no longer eligible because they lowered the income levels.I have a wife and two small children.Do i just go to the emergency room now when someone is sick?Will they take care of us?
--------------------
What many people don't realize is that: A) Individual health insurance is usually much cheaper than group health insurance. As long as you are healthy then you can be accepted onto an individual plan for very cheap. B) Most states have programs in place to provide free or low cost health insurance for children if the parents cannot afford coverage. The key is to shop around, compare quotes, and speak with an agent familiar with the different plans and laws in your state. Here is some more information on individual health insurance and health insurance for children:
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment