Saturday, February 5, 2011

How to get psychiatric services without health insurance?

I just recently lost my health insurance and have moved to a new city, Austin, TX. I only have two months of medication left and cannot go without it. Last time I tried I ended up in a psych ward. Are there slidding scale psych clinics in Austin that could be of help until I find new group coverage? Any helpful information at all would be great.
--------------------
In most major communities there are clinics that take people with or without health insurance. Often the best route to get psychiatric services is to go to the Emergency Room, or if your community has it, a Psychiatric Emergency Room. Most often your local medical society has this information or the information desk at your largest local hospital.Also of help would be a local crisis intervention phone line, most larger metro communities have one of those as well.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment