Thursday, January 13, 2011

Would you quit your current job if you could keep the health insurance you have now?

Would you quit your job if you could keep the health insurance you have now while unemployed or doing a different job? My theory is that if this were so, most people would quit their jobs and do what they want to do, not what they have to do to keep their health insurance.
--------------------
No. I keep my job for several reasons, one of which is the paycheck I get which pays for the roof over my head and all my other expenses, including insurance. If I wanted another job I would do what everyone else who is not independently wealthy does - search for a new job while keeping the one I have until I receive a new job offer with a company I prefer. I doubt too many people have the luxury of being able to afford not having any income while they search for new employment.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment