Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Where can I get family health insurance in Alabama?

I will be quitting my job soon to be a stay at home mom, thus losing my medical insurance. My husband's insurance through his company is very expensive due to it being so small (only 20 or so people in the company). I will need to find a health insurance plan for my family, but am having a hard time finding any plans that have good coverage and don't have a large premium amount. Does anyone know of a good health insurance company I should look at? Please keep in mind I live in Alabama....a lot of the insurance companies online only apply to certain states. Thanks a bunch.
--------------------
I can't imagine it's going to be cheaper on your own. You need to go to a local, independent agent, and ask for quotes. They'll have the ones with providers in your area. If you have no preexisting conditions, and you're around 30, it's GOING to cost YOU, $250 a month, your HUSBAND $250 a month, and the KIDS, $200 a month EACH. Is that cheaper than your husband's plan? If you have preexisting conditions, they will be excluded, OR, you might flat out be declined. that's JUST what health insurance costs. Or, you sacrifice coverage, OR, you take a $5,000 deductible before the insurance kids in, OR, you sign up for a health discount plan where no one takes the plans, OR you get scammed from over the internet. You CAN'T buy a brand new cadillac for $10, you CAN'T get family health insurance with comprehensive coverage for $120 a month, except through an employer.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment