Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How can I find a health insurance company that won't deny me?

I have applied with a couple of major health insurance companies and have been denied due to weight, mildly high cholesterol and a condition I have called polycystic ovarian syndrome. Is there a health insurance out there that takes riskier customers?
--------------------
Every company will have different height and weight guidelines. In my state some companies will decline with a BMI around 30 while others will accept up to 39 or 40. The Polycystic ovarian syndrome is an automatic decline with several companies in my area because the cysts can cause weight gain and other problems. Even if you can find a company that will accept your weight and also will accept the PCOS the combination of the two may be a decline. Visit a local agent that works with all the major companies in your area. They agent can find the best chances for you and there is no extra charge. High risk pools are not available in all states. Here is a website to see if a plan is available for you: http://www.cobrahealth.com/statehighrisk…
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment