Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I get affordable health insurance for my son?

I was in between jobs last year so I had to put my son on medicaid. As soon as I found a job I let them know but they kicked him off of it anyways. The problem I am having is that my insurance at work don't kick in until November and he has to have insurance by then for doctors appointments, etc. I tried to get MC+ for kids but they make it almost impossible to get. I just was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I can get affordable health insurance for my son?
--------------------
A lot will depend on where you live because different states have different programs for children. As long as your son is under the age of 18 then most states and even some counties will have some form of program that you will be able to look into. If you make too much money to qualify for a government program then your best bet is probably individual health insurance for your son. As long as he is relatively healthy then it should be no problem at all finding a cheap plan. Be sure that you shop around and compare quotes from at least 3-5 different reputable companies. Enlist the help of an independent health insurance agent or broker so that they can help you comparison shop. Here is some more information on finding affordable health insurance:
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment